This position will work with Hardware, Software, and Manufacturing Engineers to define, design, develop, and execute a wide range of tests for IP Networking Technology products.
· Setup, test, analyze, debug, and troubleshoot new and existing IP Networking products - including hardware, software, printed circuit boards and embedded processors.
· Develop test plans to analyze and validate proper operation of products according to specifications.
· Write and verify test procedures and documentation for new and existing products.
· Perform UL testing and prepare certification documents on CNI products.
· Pre-test and prepare products for submission to UL and FCC laboratories as needed.
· Conduct analysis, evaluation, and validation of competitor products.
· Research and validate replacement parts according to product specifications.
· Apply failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) techniques to prevent failures of new and existing products.
· Provide technical support to customers, sales, engineering, marketing, and production departments.
· Additional tasks related to these as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 3-5 years direct experience analyzing and debugging designs that contain digital, analog, FPGA, and microcontrollers using schematics and test equipment such as DVM, scopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers.
· Familiarity with compliance standards such as CE, RoHS, UL, and FCC.
· Working knowledge of Linux commands within operating system is desirable.
· Working knowledge of PIC microcontrollers and C programming is desirable.
· Familiarization with Eagle CAD a plus.
· Must have ability to multi-task and manage diverse projects.
· The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work independently or as part of a team.
· Good communication and documentation skills are a must; candidates must have experience with the Microsoft family of products including, but not limited to, Word and Excel. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
· Must be a U.S. citizen
Centripetal is bringing to market advanced network hardware and software products to implement trusted networks. We believe current cyber security methods and techniques will not be effective against the future threat. Today cyber countermeasures consist of point solutions that require large investments of time, attention and manpower for every vulnerable organization. As the target base expands, this approach to security is clearly unsustainable. We need a new approach to the problem. Instead of point solutions, we believe that Cyber Security needs to be built into the very infrastructure of the Internet.